Q: What Do Agents Like to See When They Google Writers?
Some really helpful insights into what an agent is looking for, especially with regard to social media. I may need to pull my finger out…..and stop writing cliches!
This is from the Blake Friedmann website.
Yes, if we’re interested in your work we’ll Google you. And yes, there are things we like to see:
- Some sort of Website. You need a landing page. (WordPress and About.me help you do this for free. You don’t have to break the bank.)
- A certain level of Social Media proficiency. (It doesn’t have to be everything, just showing interaction.)
- Blog posts that aren’t discussing the submission process in too much detail. Many writers lay it all out there to share the (often lonely) experience with others, but it’s really best if you can keep this to yourself.
- Positive demeanour and Professional approach in your online interactions. It’s a small world! (And editors can Google you too.) Agents choose who they work with carefully, and we like to work with nice people.
- A Personality. You don’t have to talk about books or writing online, if you’re passionate about…
View original post 73 more words